Easter in Norway is know as Påske: literally Passover.
A tradition in Finnsnes church has been an Easter (Holy) week festival – Påskefestuke.
For non-Norwegian readers, the program includes:
- Sledging in the park with the church family activity outdoor group
- Palm Sunday family service
- A concert with music from Bach and Handel to contemporary Norwegian songwriters
- The childrens’ Easter festival service
- An Easter labyrinth
- A hymn singing evening (come and sing your favourite Norwegian hymns)
- Services for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday night, and Easter Day.
And here it is in Norwegian: