On the way into the office today there was a sudden intense white light in the sky. What passes through ones mind?
- The end of time / the return of Jesus (in our line of work it would make Christmas a whole lot less stressful)?
- Imminent nuclear attack (we’re quite close to Russia)?
- A plane reflecting the sun’s light (the sun is now always below the horizon at sea level but continues to illuminate high objects such as mountain tops)?
- Worse, a plane exploding?
- Fireworks (it certainly looked way to high)?
- A UFO (well by definition it was, because I couldn’t identify it)? Does that make me a ‘believer’?
- Filming of special effects for yet another Iron Man movie?
- Why did I bury the camera under a load of junk in my bag (I was in a hurry)?
In the few seconds it took to get the camera out, the light disappeared, leaving only a ‘scribbly’ white trail, with a large gap between segments.
What do you think (click pictures to enlarge)?
Come back tomorrow for the real explanation (none of the above)!